Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Adventures in Digital Scrapbooking never end! I thought I would post a few of my scrapbook pages in the hopes to inspire others, share ideas, and perhaps gain input on some of my work (for the positive and negative). I have learned that learning never ends... luckily! Else boredom would soon dominate my life.

Anyway, this week I wanted to try the torn paper edge look. Having no idea how to do it, I searched in google a step-by-step instruction with Photoshop Elements 6. Alas, there was nothing that was specifically for PE6. I spent hours trying to figure out how to manipulate regular photoshop instructions to fit my program. Frustration!

I came up with this method based on fundamental ideas I gathered from other how-to sites. I can't wait to see it actually printed because I think that will be the true telling in how it looks.
Another aspect of photoshop I used, that I am certain to use again, is drop shadow! What an awesome tool that gives more dimension to your photos rather than a completely flat looking photo collage. I didn't use it on this page other than the torn paper edge, but it is SURE to be used in the future. :)

Anyway, Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment